People choose aluminum bird cages for superior quality that this material provides, far better than the quality provided by a standard wrought iron cage. The benefits of aluminum bird cages include them being lightweight, strong, eco-friendly, long lasting and non-toxic. However, the drawback is that they are more expensive than the normal cage. Read on to discover 5 of the best aluminum bird cages available for sale online.
Comparison of Aluminum Bird Cages
|ATT 1214 Small Aluminum Travel Bird Cage||Check Price||Travel||4/5|
|ACP2522 Large Aluminum Bird Cage||Check Price||Bird Cage||5/5||Best Overall|
|King’s Large Aluminum Travel Bird Cage||Check Price||Travel||4.5/5||Best for Travel|
|ACA2522 Arch Top Aluminum Bird Cage||Check Price||Bird Cage||4/5|
|Paney Aluminum Aviary||Check Price||Aviary||3.5/5|
5 Best Aluminum Bird Cages
1. ATT 1214 Small Aluminum Travel Bird Cage
We found this to be the good aluminum travel bird cage for small and medium sized birds. It’s super Lightweight and easy to carry at only 8lbs, especially in comparison to standard wrought iron cages. It comes with a very large swing out door that covers the full side of the cage. Plus it has a specially designed door lock to prevent crafty birds opening it and escaping. In terms of drawbacks, some people complain about a lack of grate on the bottom of the cage but this can be fixed if with a small piece of wire being inserted.
It comes with a comfortable carrying handle and is very easy to open and clean. Ideal for people looking for that premium, lightweight travel bird cage for trips to the vet and more.Check Price
2. ACP2522 Large Aluminum Bird Cage
Very large in size, this bird cage is ideal for bigger sized birds. Designed with a play top for the top of the cage, you won’t need a separate bird cage stand as your bird will love playing on top of the cage. The seed guard provides plenty of protection from bird mess damaged your floors and the storage area beneath the cage is ideal for keeping all your bird equipment in one place. A large front access door and plenty of swing out feeding and watering stations make this bird cage easy to use. Very sturdy construction and highly recommended.Check Price
3. King’s Large Aluminum Travel Bird Cage
This travel cage is designed for larger birds such as macaws and cockatoos. It’s the larger version of the first product reviewed at the top of this article and so has all of its same advantages. Despite being larger in size, it’s still pretty lightweight. Comes with all of the internal features you’d expect. Ideal for anyone with larger sized birds or people taking their birds on long extended trips across the country.Check Price
4. ACA2522 Arch Top Aluminum Bird Cage
Comes with a large arch that provides extra room which can be used to install toys and perches to keep your bird happy. One drawback is that users have reported issues with the feeding and watering stations. As expected the seed guard prevents messes and slide out tray makes cleaning easier. The storage area also provides room for any other bird items. Have a look at if you’re browsing medium sized aluminum cages.Check Price
5. Paney Aluminum Aviary
This is the very spacious option you should choose if you need an aluminum aviary with lots of room. It can be used both indoors and outside. Comes with a very large access door which allows you to walk into the aviary, just make sure you’re extra careful when doing so to prevent escapes. The drawback to this cage is that it comes with no wheels or flooring, so you’ll need to put in a bit of effort when moving the aviary. Otherwise it’s hard to find another large aluminum cage or aviary available that provide more room.Check Price
Advantages of Aluminum Bird Cages
- Light weight – Normal bird cages are made from iron which can be very heavy to carry, but aluminum is very lightweight making it perfect travel bird cages or larger cages that get wheeled around the room.
- Strong – it gets anodized making it strong and able to withstand powerful bird beak. They’re also scratch resistant.
- Corrosion resistant – has an oxide layer on its surface helping to make your bird cage rust proof.
- Non-toxic – for birds in case they happen to consume the aluminum, in fact some bird even eat mud for the aluminum within it.
- Eco-friendly – can be recycled once it’s finished with and is made from one of the most common elements available on earth.
- Long lasting – will be able to last as long as the lifespan of your pet bird.
Buying Factors for Aluminum Bird Cages
- Size – Ensure that the cage is big enough so that your bird can stretch its wings fully and has enough space for the internal features.
- Internal features – perches, water & feeding bowls, toys and more should be kept inside the cage.
- Type of cage design – options include a normal bird cage design, a travel bird cage, a double bird cage or perhaps an aviary.
- Ease of use – think about how easy the cage is to clean, whether the feed and water can be topped up easily, plus if the cage can be easily moved around.
- Price – because aluminum is better than the standard wrought iron cage, you’re likely to pay a premium.
Aluminum Bird Cages vs Stainless Steel Bird Cages
- Stainless steel is stronger, which doesn’t matter for the majority of birds but might be considered with very large birds such as Hyacinth Macaws.
- More stainless steel cages are available to buy and so you have a greater range to choose from. See what’s on offer here.
- Stainless steel is rust proof, but it can still rust sometimes if left in a very humid environment and it isn’t cared for properly or isn’t medical grade. Aluminum is better in this regard.
- Both are expensive compared to wrought iron which is normally used, however you might find stainless steel more expensive.
Aluminum bird cages can be a great choice for people looking for a lightweight, strong and long lasting cage. We reviewed a number of the best cages available and concluded that the ACP2522 Large Aluminum Bird Cage was the best overall. So if you don’t know which one to buy, then we recommend this cage.
Again, here are the list of the 5 best aluminum bird cages we could find:
- ATT 1214 Small Aluminum Travel Bird Cage
- ACP2522 Large Aluminum Bird Cage
- King’s Large Aluminum Travel Bird Cage
- ACA2522 Arch Top Aluminum Bird Cage
- Paney Aluminum Aviary
- Stainless Steel Bird Cages – The alternative option if aluminum doesn’t work for you.
- Acrylic Bird Cages – A unique and transparent approach to keeping birds.
- Best Bird Cages – Our full guide to the best bird cages available.